$20 - $25 an hour - Full Time
Weldwork has an immediate opening for a skilled and dependable Sandblaster. The successful candidate will have experience with heavy equipment, grinding tools, and power tools that you use during this process.
In addition to operating the blast booth and unloading the cabinet, you may also be asked to help with painting or coating tasks after you have successfully removed the unwanted substances form the surface.
The individual must have the ability to work independently and in a team environment and be able to contribute to the overall success of the project team and organization.
- Highly organized with a good sense of attention to detail
- Remove dirt, paint, grease and other built-up material from metal surfaces
- Set up and operate a blast booth or similar equipment
- Load and unload the blast cabinet
- Assist with painting or coating as needed
- Apply and remove non-skid materials as needed
- Maintain equipment cleanliness and order in work area at all times
- Maintain punctuality, work independently with a high degree of attention to detail
- Ability to maintain project deadlines
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
- High school diploma
- 2+ years of recent experience in sandblasting of steel products
- Experience working with or removing heavy metals a plus
- Knowledge of shop equipment and power tools
- Must be willing to work overtime, including occasional weekends as deemed necessary, to meet project deadlines
- Team oriented work ethic
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive wages based on experience
- Health insurance options available
- Voluntary dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
Visit weldwork.com/pages/about to view our story.
Submit your application to: email@example.com